Rethink Your Best Food to Overcome Stress & Stress Management
Do you want to know what makes a food calming? Too often, some of your friends or neighbours wave you off when you bring up this matter and say, “Oh, my friends, all food are calming food no doubt. When you eat a food, you may feel better. But there is a difference between tapping into a good food’s calming properties and eating a food just for an emotional anaesthesia. This type of eating may purchase you a temporary sense of calming effect, but it does not doubt a quick fix that wears off too fast.
One question certainly comes in your mind – what does food have to do with your stress and stress management? The majority of you might realise. Approximately 42 percent of people in the USA say that stress drives them to eat and drink unhealthy food, and sometimes over-eating food that are not good for their health. Like other serious things in the world, like tension, headache, obesity and so forth, stress is one of the big concern and most of the people these days are walking towards stress management.
Let us see how to overcome stress eating food that you sometimes ate, but do not know they are good food.
- Dark Chocolate: Whether you are one of those persons, who get a nice mood and strong stress management attitude then you must have heard the benefits of dark chocolate for reducing mood and stress. There is normally a chemical reason called anandamide contains in dark chocolate that helps fight against stress and depression.
One study has shown in the Journal of Psychopharmacology that people who drank an antioxidant-rich dark chocolate drink equal to about 1.5 ounces of chocolate on a regular basis felt calmer comparing with people who did not drink.
- Banana: Banana is a great fruit comes under the food category when you think of stress management food, which is a natural reward chemical called dopamine boosts your mood. The fruit also rich in Vitamin B and B6, magnesium and other essential nutrients good for your stress.
- Coffee: Coffee contains a number of neurotransmitters that can control your mood and stress that has been showing by research in many times and published in many national and international level journals. It is a good drink to trigger the mechanism of your brain. People sometimes drink coffee thinking a drink only, but it has lots that you ever believed.
- Turmeric: You have probably heard the benefits of turmeric for stress management. Turmeric is yellow and slight orange in colour is thought to be responsive to much holistic treatments. Among them, turmeric yellow is good for fighting against neuroprotective properties and mood.
- Purple Berries: Anthocyanins are the best pigments that give colour to blue and black to berries, sometimes deep colour. These antioxidants simply aid the brain in producing dopamine that helps in functioning your mood and stress.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid: Omega 3 fatty acid is one of the most important things found in various food. Food like salmon, krill oil etc contains rich omega 3 fatty acid that is good for emotional wellbeing. It is good for stress management as well.
- Oolong Tea: If you have drunk Oolong tea, then you must know the benefits of this tea to overcome stress. After drinking this tea you may feel calm and stress-free, because of high levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid, commonly called GABA, is an amino acid helps inhibit the firing of your brain neurones and gives you overall calming effect and remove anxiety.
- Kiwi: One kiwi normally contains more than 85% of your daily vitamin C, and that is good for your stress level. Research has shown Vitamin C normally helps to reduce body’s production of stress hormones and boost the immune system.
If you have not already tried the food and drink mentioned above, then you have missed a lot of things that you should use for. If you did not know about the food and drink described above that help you fight against stress and overcome stress then you should not waste your time anymore, just use them and see the difference immediately.